(Click image to enlarge)Sometimes we forget JUST HOW WRONG AND DECEPTIVE George W. Bush and his administration (with support from enablers like Gordon Smith) were about what was happening in Iraq. This little bit from a 2004 Bush/Kerry debate is just a small reminder.
JIM LEHRER: New question, Mr. President, two minutes. You have said there was a, quote, "miscalculation," of what the conditions would be in post-war Iraq. What was the miscalculation, and how did it happen?
GEORGE W. BUSH: No, what I said was that, because we achieved such a rapid victory, more of the Saddam loyalists were around. I mean, we thought we'd whip more of them going in. But because Tommy Franks did such a great job in planning the operation, we moved rapidly, and a lot of the Baathists and Saddam loyalists laid down their arms and disappeared. I thought they would stay and fight, but they didn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment