Sunday, February 10, 2008

It Ain't Over 'Til You Cross The Finish Line

This little snippet in the coverage of Rep. Darlene Hooley's (D-Ore., 5th District) resignation caught my eye:
Ironically, in a year when Democrats are expected to gain seats in the House, Hooley said she would have won if she ran and that political considerations factored into her decision.

"I think it will be easier to elect a Democrat this year, and I don't know about two years,'' she said.
Hooley reflects the conventional wisdom that 2008 is going to be a good year for Democrats.

But watching the current shenanigans over "super" delegates and the Democratic Party's presidential nomination -- while Republicans wake up and choose John McCain, the candidate who provides them with the best chance of winning in November -- I can't shake the feeling that the Democrats are going to pull one of these acts (again):

No comments: