Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New Merkley TV Ad Goes Negative On Novick

UPDATED BELOW

I just saw a new Jeff Merkley ad while watching the 4:30 segment of KATU news. Complete with the typical "going negative" announcer voice that Al Franken used to mock, the ad dredges up some of Steve Novick's blog posts from BlueOregon, the Democratic website published by Merkley consultant Kari Chisholm.

Unlike all of Merkley's previous ads, this negative one isn't posted on his website. I couldn't find anything on YouTube, and Chisholm's BlueOregon hasn't posted it yet, either. I guess Merkley's not so proud of this one.

In light of this latest turn of events, folks might find THIS helpful.

UPDATE, 8:20 p.m.:
The Oregonian's Harry Esteve found and posted the YouTube Video:



BlueOregon has also posted the YouTube clip and a link to a new Merkley campaign smear website that repeats the anti-Novick attacks, which focus almost exclusively on posts he made years ago on Chisholm's website.

I wonder who built that anti-Novick site anyway?

2 comments:

maloney said...

It's on YouTube now, and Merkley has launched an entire website, that kind of looks like Steve's, to attack him.

The ad is called, get this, "Believe."

maloney said...

Kari copped (over at BlueO) to making the website, as you correctly assumed.